NOTE: Call in information will be emailed to RSVP's on 9 January 2015
TIME: 6pm PT / 7pm MT / 8pm CT / 9pm ET
**SCOTUS (the Supreme Court of the United States) will be discussing marriage cases from Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee during their January 9 private conference. It is possible they will decide on Jan. 9 whether or not to hear a marriage equality case, or cases, in 2015. We will discuss any SCOTUS developments as part of this call.
Join Marriage Equality USA and our partners as we continue to host our series of National Community Calls analyzing key court arguments for marriage equality.
You are invited to our National Community Call to hear local and national legal experts analyze what happened in the courtroom, discuss where we may go from here, and ask your questions. This call is open to all supporters of marriage equality and allies -- feel free to share this info! (NOTE: Media reps welcome to attend off-the-record.)
- Kathleen Perrin, Equality Case Files
- John A. Nechman of Katine & Nechman in Houston, TX (a leading law firm doing work for LGBTQ Texans)
HOST: John Lewis, Legal & Policy Director, MEUSA
MODERATOR: Brian Silva, Executive Director, MEUSA
- Montrose Center, from Houston, TX
- Resource Center, from TX
- Equality Texas
- Stonewall Democrats of Dallas, TX
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Rainbow Center
- Interested in being a partner? Email info (at) marriageequality.org for more info.