Senate File 115 -
Author/Sponsor: Senate President Phil Nicholas, House Speaker Kermit Brown, Senate Judiciary Chairman Leland Christensen, House Minerals and Economic Development Chairman Tom Lockhart, Senate Minerals and Economic Development Chairman Michael Von Flatern, House Travel Chairman Ruth Ann Petroff, House Revenue Chairman Mike Madden, House Corporations Chairman Dan Zwonitzer, Senate Minority Floor Leader Chris Rothfuss, Representative Cathy Connolly, Senator Bruce Burns and Senator Stephan Pappas
Date Introduced: 22 January 2015
- Senate File 115 would add sexual orientation and gender identity to Wyoming’s current non-discrimination law. Existing law, under the “Wyoming Fair Employment Practices of 1965,” includes protections for qualified workers preventing discrimination based on someone being disabled, or their age, sex, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry or pregnancy.
- 10 February 2015, the bill passed the Senate by a landslide! Referred to the House Labor, Health and Social Services Committee. Wyoming Senate Passes LGBT Anti-Discrimination Bill - By Dominic Holden, BuzzFeed News.
- 20 February 2015, the bill was passed by the House Labor, Health and Social Services Committee. Lawmaker kicked out of meeting as Wyoming committee clears LGBT anti-discrimination bill - By Laura Hancock, Caspar Star-Tribune
- 24 February 2015, Senate File 115 failed, with 33 opposing it, 26 supporting it and one lawmaker excused. LGBT anti-discrimination bill fails in Wyoming House - By Laura Hancock, Star-Tribune
HB 0083 - Religious Freedom Restoration Act
Author/Sponsor: Reps. Winters and Steinmetz, and Sen. Dockstader
Date Introduced: January 2015
- Nowhere in this piece of so-called "religious freedom" legislation is it mentioned when religious freedom was taken away necessitating that it be restored. Just sayin'...
- The bill was amended on the floor to take out some of the language about the state paying legal fees.
- 29 January 2015, the bill passed the first of three readings in the Wyoming House.
- 2 February 2015, the WY House passed the amended version of this bill. Amended religious freedom bill passes Wyoming House - By Laura Hancock, Star-Tribune