Garden State Equality et al. v. Dow, et al.
Case #: MER-L-1729-11
Date Filed: 29 June 2011
Ruling Date: 27 September 2013
- A federal lawsuit challenging the state's civil union law and seeking the freedom to marry for same-sex couples.
- 27 September 2013, Mercer County Superior Court Judge Mary Jacobson ruled in favor of marriage equality.
- 18 October 2013, the NJ Supreme Court denied a request for a stay on the ruling.
- 21 October 2013, same-sex couples began marrying.
- 21 October 2013, the Christie administration dropped its appeal of the ruling.