- Civil marriage equality in effect at the state level since 2010. (Same-sex couples may legally marry.)
- On 31 May 2007, Governor John Lynch signed a civil unions bill into law making New Hampshire, "the first state to embrace same-sex unions without a court order or the threat of one." The law took effect 1 January 2008.
- Under the New Hampshire civil unions law same-sex civil unions or marriages conducted in other jurisdictions were recognized as civil unions in New Hampshire.
- Same-sex marriage was legalized via legislation in New Hampshire on 1 January 2010.
- On 1 January 2011 all civil unions became legal marriages.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with