- Civil marriage equality cannot legally be denied at the state level, via the Supreme Court of the United States, as of 26 June 2015. (Same-sex couples have the legal right to marry.)
- 3 July 2015, Lubbock County Clerk Says Same-Sex Marriage Licenses to Be Available Monday, July 6 - By Justin Massoud, KFYO News Talk 709 AM
- On 26 June 2015, the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) ruled FOR marriage equality and that same-gender couples have the constitutional right to marry in all 50 states and all U.S. territories.
- MARRIAGE EQUALITY FAQ
- If a marriage license is refused to you, please contact one of the following legal organizations immediately!
- 1 case in the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, 4 cases in the 5th Federal District, 2 cases in the Texas Supreme Court, and 1 case in the state Appeals Court.
- Texas is home of the historic legal case Lawrence v. Texas, in which the Supreme Court of the United States struck down the sodomy law in Texas and, by extension, invalidated sodomy laws in thirteen other states, making same-sex sexual activity legal in every U.S. state and territory.
- Constitutional ban on same-sex marriage, civil unions and domestic partnerships from 2005 until 26 June 2015, per Proposition 2.