McEldowney v. South Carolina DMV
Case #: 3:14-4155-JMC
Court Level: Federal District Court
Date Filed: 24 October 2014
Date Resolved: 24 February 2015
- 24 October 2014, a lawsuit was filed in federal district court. The plaintiff, a legally married lesbian, changed her surname to that of her wife's and was denied a driver's license in her new married name by the South Carolina DMV.
- 8 December 2014, the defendants filed their Answer to the complaint.
- 9 December 2014, the Court issued the Conferencing and Scheduling order. The Court also issued an Order to Conduct Mediation.
- 18 February 2015, the defendants filed a Motion for Summary Judgement.
- 24 February 2015, the parties reached settlement. Court retains jurisdiction for enforcement. Case dismissed.