- Civil marriage equality in effect at the state level since January 2015. (Same-sex couples may legally marry.)
- 1 case in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals; 1 case in federal district court; 7 cases in state courts.
- Unfortunately, proposed state legislation, SB 196 Families First, that would have provided most of the major state benefits of marriage to same-sex couples via Domestic Partnerships, died in the Judiciary Committee on 3 May 2013.
- A constitutional ban against same-sex marriages and civil unions was in force from 2008 to early 2015, per Florida Amendment 2.
- 6 January 2015, marriage equality came to Florida! (Same-sex marriage ibecame legal.) Happy Congratulations from MEUSA!
- 6 January 2015, NCLR Directed AG Pam Bondi to Immediately Advise ALL State Agencies to Recognize Same-Sex Married Couples - via Equality Florida