What Else Can I Do?
The most important part of the marriage equality movement is you, and there are several things you can do to advance marriage equality that will require minimal amounts of your time:
- Join Marriage Equality USA (membership is FREE, and will enable you to receive e-mails with important information and updates from us).
- Join our Phone from Home program November 3-6, 2012.
- Make a donation to Marriage Equality USA. Your donation will fund our national efforts, as well as our local chapters. You can also host a house party to benefit Marriage Equality USA, please contact us for additional information.
- If you are a non-LGBTIQ ally of marriage equality, we encourage you to avail yourself of the tools pubished by GLAAD and MAP in April 2012: The ‘Ally’s guide to talking about marriage for same-sex couples’
- Check out our Volunteer Opportunities!
- If you have a story you would like to share with us about why marriage matters, email it to is at email@example.com. We may decide to post your story on our Real People, Real Impact page.
- Visit our Action Center on a regular basis for actionable items or events you may want to participate in!
- Tell everyone you know about us!
If you have additional time to contribute, consider getting more involved in the marriage equality movement:
- Start a Marriage Equality USA Chapter in your community! Marriage Equality USA Chapters are the heart of our organization and the heart of the marriage equality movement.
- If you are a board member, officer, or volunteer with a pro-marriage equality organization, encourage them to become an Allied Organization!
- Consider volunteering as a member of our National Team.