Date Introduced: 23 February 2015
Author/Sponsor: Rep. Dave Richardson [D]
Date Enacted: 11 June 2015, signed into law by Governor Rick Scott
- 23 February 2015, it was introduced to remove language that made it illegal for LGBT people to adopt from a larger bill with the goal of encouraging people to adopt. Referred to Health & Human services Committee.
- 26 February 2015, referred to Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee.
- 4 March 2015, passed out of the subcommittee, first reading in the House.
- 10 March 2015, second reading in the House.
- 11 March 2015, the Republican-dominated Florida House quietly acknowledged that gay people have the right to adopt children by supporting the bill amendment that removes a gay-adoption ban from law - third House reading and passed 65-50 by the House.
- 14 April 2015, read third time;voted on and passed; certified; ordered enrolled.
- 11 June 2015, signed into law by Governor Rick Scott.